We love our cats. We just don’t always love the bills, which can get pretty steep when you have a cat that needs special treatment. That’s why pet insurance for cats is so important: it can help you save money and keep your feline friend healthy for years to come.
Cat insurance can make your cat’s expensive care affordable
There are many reasons pet insurance may be a good choice for you and your cat.
- It can help with unexpected expenses: Cat insurance can help with the cost of unexpected treatments, medications, and emergency care. This is especially important if your cat has a disease or condition that isn’t covered by your insurance plan or Medicare.
- It can help with routine care: Routine expenses like annual exams, vaccinations and preventative care aren’t usually included in traditional health plans like Medicare or employer-sponsored health coverage. With pet insurance, these costs are covered. Pet owners who want to ensure their cats have access to the best veterinary care should consider it as an option for covering pet expenses associated with routine veterinary visits.*
- It can provide dental coverage: Dental disease is one of the most common conditions affecting cats today. While there are some things owners can do at home (such as brushing), specialist treatment may still be needed on occasion – particularly if gum infections occur due to long-term neglect.*
Pet insurance for cats comes in several forms
Pet insurance for cats comes in several forms. Cat insurance can be purchased as a stand-alone policy or as a rider to your existing pet insurance. Some people choose to purchase cat insurance for one cat, but others opt to take out family policies that cover multiple felines.
Each type of policy has its own set of pros and cons, so you’ll need to read the fine print before making any decisions about which option is right for you and your pets.
Cat insurance covers many types of treatments
You can also get coverage for surgical procedures, diagnostic testing and even dental care. Behavioral therapy is another benefit of cat insurance, as well as vaccine administration.
If your cat needs any kind of surgery or procedure (even preventive measures), it will be covered by most policies. Some policies also cover diagnostic testing that isn’t related to disease or injury as well as dental care—so if your kitty starts having issues with his/her teeth, that may be covered too!
Some carriers exclude hereditary conditions.
If your cat has a hereditary condition, pet insurance may not cover the condition. This is important to note because some carriers exclude certain hereditary conditions from coverage. The following are examples of some common diseases in cats:
- Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV)
- Feline leukemia virus (FeLV)
- Cystitis or inflammation of the bladder – this can be caused by bacteria such as E-coli and/or parasites including coccidia and giardia
To find cat insurance that covers these conditions, it’s best to ask your vet for advice on how to go about this.
Pet insurance for cats is a great way to protect your investment in your pet.
Pet insurance for cats is a great way to protect your investment in your pet. If you have a cat, you probably understand how important it is to make sure that they are healthy and happy. Cats can be quite expensive to feed, buy toys for and take to the vet. In terms of food alone, annual expenses range from $250-$300 per year!
To make sure that your cat always has access to the best treatment options at any given time, pet insurance for cats is an excellent way to ensure he or she will receive quality care. Pet health insurance plans provide coverage for many types of conditions including:
- Cancer treatment costs
- Heart disease treatment costs
- Diabetes mellitus (diabetes) treatment costs
If you’re planning on getting pet insurance for cats, it’s important to choose the right plan. The first thing to do is figure out what your budget is and how much you can afford to spend on your cat’s healthcare. Then, look at different companies that offer pet insurance plans so that you can find one that works best for your needs.