There are lots of different VPNs on the internet which makes choosing one for Kodi very difficult. Before we discuss which the best ones are, it is a good idea to define what a VPN actually is.
Essentially, a VPN will keep what you do on the internet private from the internet service provider and other 3rd parties. For Kodi, this VPN will keep your streaming activity private while having next to no impact on your internet speed.
We have carried out rigorous testing when deciding which VPNs are the best for Kodi. These VPNs will help you use Kodi safely, knowing your ISP or hackers are not watching your activity.
How to use a VPN with Kodi:
Whatever platform you are using Kodi for streaming on, the instructions are the same. To start with, minimise Kodi, we will come back to it later.
- First of all, you will need to download the actual VPN for the provider’s website or through an app store.
- Open the VPN application and sign in using your account details.
- Choose your location and click ‘connect’.
- When you see that the connection has been created and it is running, you can open Kodi back up and use it as normal. All your browsing and internet usage will go through your chosen VPN.
Now that you know what a VPN is and why it is very beneficial or Kodi, let’s look at the best VPNs for Kodi:
- NordVPN – During our tests, we found that this was the fastest VPN to use with Kodi. It is a well-known VPN and is very fast and secure.
- IPVanish – This is one of the best options on the market. If you are looking for a lightweight option that is compatible with remote controls, this is the one for you. They also offer a money-back guarantee for 30-days if you don’t have a good experience.
- Surfshark – Another well-known option that most people will have heard of. This is our choice for the best budget Kodi VPN that offers a security-focused approach and a wide variety of restricted web browsing
- ExpressVPN – If you are using Kodi for popular streaming websites like Netflix or Disney+, this is a great option for you that provides first-class security and privacy. They also offer great support to help you get it working with Kodi on your chosen platform.
- CyberGhost – While this isn’t as cheap as SurfShark, this is another option for those on a budget. It unblocks the vast majority of streaming websites but might require manual configuration depending on the platform.
With many great VPNs available, it can be hard to choose the best VPN for Kodi. The popular entertainment streaming platform is one that a lot of people want to ensure is kept private and not exposed to ISPs or third party hackers. For a variety of devices, the list above features the 5 best options on the market right now. They provide supreme security, usability and privacy for the user when using even the most popular online streaming websites. They will also allow you to access content outside of your country or this is restricted; well worth the price!