If you’re one of the unlucky few that have an intolerance to gluten, you have been dealt a slightly inconvenient hand in the game of life. Having lived your entire life up to this point adhering to this strict diet, you’re probably an expert at whipping up amazing gluten-free meals.
Perhaps you’re not intolerant to gluten, maybe you are just following one of the many gluten-free diet plans. While diet plans excluding gluten aren’t all that common, many experts rave about the positive effects of cutting gluten out of your diet can have. These claimed benefits include improved overall health, weight loss and increased energy.
Whether you’re gluten-intolerant or adhering to one of the many gluten-free diet plans, we could all use some new recipes in our life. Sticking to a strict diet can often be the very thing that hampers us in the long run. If you aren’t enjoying the food you’re eating or are bored of it you’re more likely to break away from your diet plan.
So, if you’re looking to spice up your life and introduce some exciting new gluten-free recipes into your life, we have just the thing for you! Here are the top 5 gluten-free recipes to try right now.
- Gluten-Free French Dip Sandwich – This classic derived from the USA (surprisingly) and has been filling up diners all over the world, gluten-free or not. To make this meaty feast void of gluten, just be sure to pick up your favourite gluten-free sandwich buns or hotdog buns. This one is very popular with meat-eaters as it is obviously filled with meat, but the rich gravy gives it an indulgent, rich flavour that can’t be replicated. It is also a fun dinner idea that the kids will love.
- Pizza Pockets – This is a fantastic easy meal that can be enjoyed in a rush and is delicious every single time. Just pick up your favourite gluten-free wraps from the supermarket, slather it with ready-made pizza sauce on one half, cover with cheese and then fold both sides into the middle. One the assembly is complete the next thing to do is put it in the toasted just like you would a piece of bread. Take it out and enjoy a delicious piece of pizza goodness, but be careful, it’s hot! This indulgent treat will definitely help you stick to one of your favourite diet plans.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes – Who doesn’t love a cupcake? You may be avoiding these chocolatey treats while sticking to gluten-free meal plans, but I assure you, these treats are just as good as the regular versions. Just replace ordinary plain flour with gluten-free flour and create your favourite cupcake recipe.
- Stuffed Peppers – If you’re not a fan of replacing ingredients for their gluten-free counterparts, then this might just be the recipe for you. You have a lot of freedom when it comes to stuffed peppers. Feel free to put rice or couscous inside along with your desired meat or bean and a helping of tomatoes and cheese. Just bake in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 25 minutes and you will be presented with a delicious and healthy weekday meal. If you’re following one of the meal plans that is more on the healthy side, this is a perfect quick dinner option.
- Chilli – Similar to the last option, this one doesn’t require using a gluten-free ingredient, it’s just a delicious and healthy meal that has stood the test of time. Fill a big pot with chopped tomatoes, beans, vegetables and some chilli seasoning, and then cover with a lid and let cook for as long as possible! Enjoy with your favourite rice or just on its own. This will certainly help you stick to your diet plan, but you could always add a little cheese on top if you’re feeling a little naughty.
There you have it, the 5 absolute best gluten-free recipes to try right now. Whether you are gluten-intolerant or are just following one of the many gluten-free diet plans, these indulgent recipes will keep you on track and coming back for more. They can also easily be enjoyed with your family or anyone else who isn’t following your gluten-free diet.