Europe is full of world-class attractions, but it’s also a great place to take a luxury river cruise.
These cruises offer you the opportunity to see many different countries while also enjoying the comforts of a five-star hotel on board.
You won’t have to worry about where your next meal is coming from because all meals are included in the price of your ticket.
However, there are still some things you should know before booking an expensive suite on a luxury river cruise.
Best Danube River Cruises
What is included in the price?
The price of the cruise is determined by the length of your trip.
The longer you stay on board, the lower your overall cost per day.
The price includes accommodations in a suite or cabin, meals (including specialties like regional cuisine and desserts), entertainment, and excursions.
To minimize costs during this vacation of a lifetime, consider packing snacks from home to eat on land or just save them for when you return from an excursion.
It’s also important to note that soft drinks and alcohol are not included in the cost but can be purchased onboard if desired; tips are not required though greatly appreciated by crew members who work hard to make sure all guests have an amazing time!
Airport transfers can be added for an additional fee if needed before or after your cruise; personal expenses such as laundry service or spa treatments may be available at an additional cost as well depending on where you choose to disembark
Should you book an expensive suite?
The answer is yes, of course!
While there’s no one right way to enjoy a luxury cruise, it’s clear that the more expensive suites will provide you with the most luxurious experience.
The best European luxury river cruises offer a wide range of room types and price points.
At their most basic level, all suites have private balconies or terraces; but as you go up in price, you’ll see additional amenities like butler service (or “personal concierge”) and gourmet meals served at your suite rather than in common areas.
And while all suites come with windows offering panoramic views of the riverscape rushing by, higher-priced options are generally closer to decks where guests can enjoy unobstructed views, such as those on deck 10 or above.
When is the best time to go?
The answer to this question depends on what you want to see and where.
Europe is a big place, and weather patterns vary greatly depending on the time of year.
For example, some places can be beautiful in the winter months when it’s cold outside, but not so much for sightseeing.
In general, if you’re looking for an active vacation with lots of walking around historical sites or if you like snow sports (skiing), consider going during high season; otherwise low season might be better suited for your needs.
Can you customize your itinerary?
With a European river cruise, you can customize your itinerary to fit your preferences.
- Change the order of stops—many people prefer to start in France and end in Germany, but every itinerary is available for customization.
- Add or remove stops—add a stop-off at the Dachstein glacier, or choose to go straight from Vienna to Budapest instead of stopping at Bratislava first.
Most itineraries offer more than one option for each stop.
- Add or remove excursions—if you’d rather explore on your own (or with other passengers), then European river cruises offer flexibility when it comes to exploring new towns and cities beyond the main touristic spots.
- Add or withhold spa services—pick between adding massage services as part of your package or upgrading with additional treatments during some nights along the way.
If you’re looking for something more active, consider adding fitness classes like Zumba into your itinerary!
What is the dress code like on board?
- The dress code on European luxury river cruise ships is generally formal, but not always.
This means that you may be expected to wear a jacket and tie or blazer at dinner and sometimes in the evenings when you’re out on deck.
- Dress is much more relaxed on smaller ships than larger ones, so don’t worry too much about what to pack if you’re traveling with a small group of friends who aren’t as concerned with keeping up appearances.
If you’re going solo or don’t mind spending time alone, consider taking advantage of this fact by wearing jeans and t-shirts whenever possible!
- Aboard each ship there are two decks: one lower deck (deck 1) where most passenger cabins are located along with many of the lounges and restaurants; and one upper deck (deck 10) which contains primarily suites but also has additional lounge areas as well as private rooms where passengers can relax in style while enjoying panoramic views down below below them them look at all those people staring up at them…
What kind of entertainment will you find on board?
- What kind of entertainment will you find on board?
- Are there any nightly shows?
- Is there any daytime entertainment to keep you busy?
- Are there any special events or activities for kids and families during your cruise?
- Is there a casino on board the ship, and if so, how much does it cost to play games in the casino or watch a show at night.
Luxury river cruises are a great way to see Europe, but it’s important to understand what’s included in the package.
When you book a European luxury river cruise, there are some things you need to know.
For example, how much will the price include?
If you get an expensive suite, will drinks be included in the fare?
What’s the best time to go on a European luxury river cruise if I want to avoid crowds and save money?
What other costs should I anticipate when booking an excursion from my ship or port of call?
In this section we’ll cover all these questions and more so that when it comes time for you to book your own European luxury river cruise, you can make an informed decision about where and how much spending money to bring along for each day of your trip.
If you’re looking for an experience that’s a little more luxurious and a little more relaxing, then maybe luxury river cruises are for you. If you have any questions about the best European luxury river cruises, reach out to us today! We’d love to help answer any questions or concerns before booking your trip.