You can’t clean a dirty dish, and you can’t fix a broken machine if it’s not running. Your body is no different. If you want to feel great and have energy for everything that life throws at you, you need to take care of your health. With the right combination of diet and exercise, anyone can detox their body in just five days.
Unplug from social media for a day.
Social media can be addictive and distracting. It’s a common habit to scroll through your feed, constantly checking for updates and notifications. You may find yourself feeling anxious if you don’t have access to it, even for a short period of time. If this sounds like you, take the step of unplugging from social media for 24 hours and see how you feel afterward. Does life seem brighter? Do you feel relaxed? Have a renewed sense of purpose? If so, then consider that maybe some self-care is needed in order for your body to detoxify properly!
Get plenty of sleep.
There’s no getting around it: Sleep is one of the most important things for your overall health and well-being. If you’re not getting enough sleep, your body will quickly start to show signs that something is wrong. That’s because during sleep, cells in the body perform a number of critical functions related to growth and repair. This includes removing waste products from your brain so it can function at its best the next day.
If you’re feeling tired all day long or waking up tired in the morning, chances are good that you aren’t giving yourself enough time to get some restorative shut-eye each night—the National Heart Association recommends between seven and nine hours per night (but as always, consult with your doctor or healthcare provider before making any changes).
It’s also important to consider how much sleep you need based on what stage of life you’re in; newborns need about 16 hours per day while teens need just 8½ hours each night (though doctors recommend 11-12 hours for teenagers). Even if you feel like all this information doesn’t apply to your life right now (because maybe there aren’t any kids running around) think back: when was the last time someone had this conversation with their parents?
Drink more water
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Drink more if you exercise.
- Drink more if you are sick.
- Drink more if it’s hot outside.
Eat clean for three days.
- Eat clean for three days. This means eating lots of fruits and vegetables, but cutting out processed foods completely. You should also avoid sugar and salt, as well as alcohol and caffeine (if you’re a coffee drinker). If you want to go the extra mile, try replacing your morning brew with bone broth or hot water with lemon juice in it.
- Drink plenty of water. Whether you’re trying to detox your body or not, drinking enough water is important for everyone—but it’s especially crucial when you’re on a detoxification diet because the lack of processed foods can leave you feeling hungry and dehydrated.
Try a workout challenge.
Exercise is an important part of your detox because it helps the body release toxins through sweat. While you’re working out, be sure to drink plenty of water and eat whole foods that are rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
- Try a workout challenge: With so many workout challenges available, there’s no excuse not to find one that works for you. Some examples include the 10-day abs challenge on Instagram or the 21-day running challenge from Nike+. If you want something more structured, try a detox program with pre-made meals like 3 Day Reset by Beachbody, which has options for all levels of fitness (from beginners up to advanced).
Your body is a machine that needs to be maintained
Your body is a machine that needs to be maintained. In order to remain healthy and fit, we need to regularly cleanse the system.
You can detoxify your body in many ways. One of them is by consuming fruits and vegetables that have natural detoxifying properties. Other methods include sweating out toxins during exercise or sauna sessions, taking supplements that help eliminate waste from the liver and kidneys, drinking plenty of water (which flushes out harmful toxins), using herbs like dandelion root tea or burdock root tincture as diuretics (they increase urination), and making sure you get enough rest so your body has time to recover from any damage done during the day’s activities.
You can do it! There is no reason why you should not give your body a little TLC. While there are many ways to detox, these five steps should help get you started on the road to better health.