The average woman applies over 500 chemicals a day. Not only is that scary, but it’s also bad for your health and the environment. Your skin absorbs the chemicals in your skincare products and sends them into your bloodstream. So any toxins in those products can increase your risk of developing diseases like cancer or Alzheimer’s disease later on down the road. Luckily, there are lots of companies making sustainable beauty products with ingredients sourced from organic farms and without any harmful chemicals. This kind of skincare can help you protect your health now as well as protect future generations from exposure to toxic chemicals!
The average woman applies over 500 chemicals a day
- The average woman applies over 500 chemicals a day.
- The average woman uses 12 beauty products a day, according to the Environmental Working Group. And there are only two ways to get rid of them: washing them off your body or throwing the bottles out.
- You’re probably used to hearing that you should be washing your face twice a day (once in the morning and once at night). But you might also use six types of cleansers throughout the day—one for makeup removal and another for cleansing, plus some eye creams and moisturizers. If most people apply five different types of cleansers throughout the day, then imagine how many different kinds of chemicals women are putting on their bodies!
Sustainable beauty products are made from ethical and organic ingredients
Sustainable beauty products are made from ethical and organic ingredients.
Ethical beauty products are made by companies that treat their employees well.
Avoiding toxins in skincare products helps the environment, too
Not only will your skin look better, but you’ll also be helping the environment by using products that are free of toxic chemicals. The more people who make the switch, the more we can do to protect our planet for generations to come!
There are many reasons why we should be concerned with what goes into our bodies and onto our skin. For example, some chemicals found in beauty products have been shown to cause cancer (1). Others are known endocrine disruptors—substances that mimic hormones and can interfere with their function (2). And some just may be harmful as they enter into contact with humans through air or water pollution (3).
But there’s no need to worry! By choosing sustainably-made cosmetics and personal care items instead of conventional alternatives, you can avoid these potentially harmful ingredients while also feeling great about helping the environment too!
People with allergies can benefit from using green beauty products
If you have allergies, green beauty products can help to alleviate your symptoms because they’re free of chemicals that cause allergic reactions.
Green beauty products are made with natural ingredients and are free of artificial fragrances. They also tend to be free of parabens, phthalates and other harmful ingredients.
You don’t have to make all your beauty products at home to be green
You don’t have to make all your beauty products at home to be green. You can buy them, use them as they were intended, and still be making a difference. There are several ways you can do this:
- Buy green beauty products.
- Make some of your own beauty products.
- Use the same products as friends and family, who are also making an environmental impact by using those products too! This is called collective action because we’re all working together on this problem.
- Use the same products as partners (or other romantic partners) so they’ll see how good they smell when they hug you and kiss you! That’s also called being considerate instead of selfish!!
Buying sustainable beauty products is good for your health and the health of the planet.
- If you’ve been following the news lately, you’ve probably heard that global warming is real and it’s not just a hoax. To help combat climate change, individuals can make small changes to their lifestyles to reduce their carbon footprint. One of these small changes could be switching over to green beauty products.
- While switching to more sustainable cosmetics might seem like a daunting task at first glance (you may worry about what will happen if your skin breaks out), there are plenty of reasons why it’s worth taking the plunge. Green beauty products are not only good for the environment, but also good for your health—and here are some examples:
- In 2016 alone, over 1 million Americans reported experiencing an adverse reaction from using skincare products containing formaldehyde or parabens (both known carcinogens). These toxic chemicals have been linked to cell mutations and endocrine disruption in humans, meaning they cause dangerous effects on both our bodies and our planet!
You can make a difference by choosing your beauty products wisely. Every time you buy a new product, remember that there is an impact on the environment. If you want to take it one step further and make your own cosmetics at home, then go for it! You should always do what’s best for your health and that of others around us because we’re all connected in some way or another.